Journal prompts to discover and/or reconnect to your true self 1. What are my passions? What topics, causes, experiences or activities light a fire in my soul, make me feel most alive, bring me joy or fulfilment?
2. What are my strengths, what am I good at? How can I use these strengths to contribute to the world? [If you have a hard time answering this, think what your partner, closest friends or family members would say who admire you. What area of life do they ask you for advice?]
3. What are my fears and limiting beliefs? What beliefs or fears are holding me back from living my best life, and how can I work to overcome them?
4. What do I want to achieve in my life in the next year or 5-10 years? What goals or aspirations do I have, and how can I work towards achieving them?
5. How can I take better care of myself? What self-care practices can I incorporate into my daily routine to support my physical, mental/emotional, and spiritual well-being?
6. Who are the people that uplift and/or support me? Who can I turn to for guidance and encouragement on my journey towards self-discovery and self-expression? [this can be people in real life or social media/online presences you follow]
7. What steps can I take today to reconnect with my essence and live more authentically? What small actions can I take to start shining my light more brightly in the world? [you could use this as a daily check-in journal prompt in the morning]
Ready for the next step?
While I love journaling for multiple reasons, it is often an activity that is still very focused on the mind. Which is why I love to combine it with breathwork, which is tapping more into the heart and often gives solutions that our mind in Default Network Mode couldn't have thought of.
Want to read more?
Want to join a breathwork session?